September is Emergency Preparedness Month – Week #2
- Learn CPR and basic first aid skills
- Learn how to turn off utilities; such as natural gas in your home.
- Put smoke alarms on every level of your home, test them monthly, and replace them when they are 10 years old.
- Know how to keep your home safe from cooking, heating and electrical fires.
- Install natural gas and carbon monoxide detectors in your house.
- Be prepared for a power outage by having enough food, water and medications to last for at least 72 hours.
- Have chimneys and vents cleaned and inspected by a qualified professional at least once a year to prevent home fires.