Township Meeting Room
WEST COCALICO TOWNSHIP
The Chairman, Jacque Smith called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
The following were in attendance:
Supervisors: Jacque Smith,Terry Scheetz and James Stoner.
Others Present: Carolyn Friesema, Manager; Shelbie Shupp, Administrative Assistant; Patrick Burns, Lancaster Newspapers; and Chief George Beever.
A hearing was held for Ordinance #121 amending Ordinance #116, known as the West Cocalico Township Zoning Ordinance of 2011 so as to include hotel/motel usage in the I-C – Industrial/Commercial District by Special Exception. James Stoner motioned to adopt Ordinance #121 as presented. Terry Scheetz seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
Terry Scheetz motioned to approve the Board of Supervisors minutes from January 22, 2013, as presented. James Stoner seconded the motion. Motion carried.
James Stoner motioned to approve the attached list of checks totaling $27,540.98. Terry Scheetz seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Chief George Beever gave the Police Report:
The Police Department has purchased new scheduling software.
Firewood was being taken from a property on Creek Rd. The suspect,from Robesonia, was apprehended.
A burglary occurred on 1/7/13 in the 600 block of N. Peartown Rd. Several guns, as well as approximately $440.00 was taken from the residence. Charges were filed against two individuals on 1/29/13.
A sexual assault on Indiantown Rd. is being investigated.
The Board of Supervisors acknowledged receipt of a Declaration to add land to the Township’s Agricultural Security Area.
Terry Scheetz motioned to release the financial security in full for the Chester Zimmerman property,based on the Rettew letter dated February 7, 2013. James Stoner seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Jacque Smith shared his thoughts regarding a financial contribution to the Cocalico Creek Watershed Association. He asked the other Supervisors to think about it and then revisit this topic at a future meeting.
Terry Scheetz said the committee for the property at 1675 N. Reading Rd., will be meeting in two weeks to discuss a large list of items regarding the property. He said there are 15 trucks using the property for parking.
Carolyn Friesema gave the Manager’s report as follows:
1. Investigated the following complaints/concerns:
a.Water run off at 287 Galen Hall Road
b. Concern about a resident at 230 U Harting’s Park Road
2. Attended the following meetings:
a.Cocalico Regional Leaders Meeting – Tuesday January 22,2013- 7:00 p.m.
b.Park Board – Wednesday, January 23, 2013 – 7:00 p.m.
3. Met with Tom and representatives from Chestnut Hill Townshipon Thursday January 24thregarding the backhoe.
4. Diehm presented a Stormwater Plan for 14 Ross Road on behalf of Gene Martin. This wasrequired in order for him to obtain a building permit to expand the multi-purpose building on hisproperty.Consideration should be given as to whether he should be requiredto submit a landdevelopment plan as well.
5. Gene Martin submitted an Agriculture Security Area declaration request for 5 of his properties.
6. The storm on January 30th, scoured the stream banks. The material filled the pipes crossing Chapel View Drive and created a massive deposit upstream of thepipes. This is private property.The stream bank will need to be stabilized so it doesn’t continue to occur.
On a motion by James Stoner and seconded by Terry Scheetz, the meeting was adjourned at 7:40 p.m.
James Stoner Secretary