September is Emergency Preparedness Month
- Disasters don’t plan ahead, but you can. Make an emergency plan today and practice it.
- Preparing a family for an emergency is as simple as a conversation over dinner.
- Do you have a fire escape plan? Make one today and practice two ways out of every room. Also, have a fire drill at least twice a year that includes everyone in the household.
- Download a group texting app so your family can keep in touch before, during and after an emergency.
- Practice evacuating in the car with your pets so they’re comfortable, too, if you need to leave in a hurry.
- Sign up for local emergency alerts in your area.